Monday, October 19, 2015

Meeting the students!


MEETING THE CLASS!



Today we met the students and we had to design an activity that would get them interested in what we would be teaching and trying to active prior knowledge about the topics we would be covering. This was a lot of fun. I enjoyed talking with each student and getting to know a little bit about each students.


This also gave us an opportunity to work with the group that we would be teaching with, and I think it was a great introduction to each other of how of our teaching styles. I thought that the group meshed well together, and that we were all on the same page about the learning outcomes of the students for the first day. We wanted to leave the students with some kind of valuable knowledge that they could use later on when we taught our cooperative lesson plan.
     I really enjoyed meeting with the students and coming up with a getting to know you activity. I thought that the students were engaged and liked our getting to know you activity. I am very excited to work with the students and teach them all about New Spain, The Lost Colony or Roanoke and about Jamestown.


No comments:

Post a Comment