Monday, December 14, 2015

Mock Job Interview

Today in class we practiced for job interviews. Since these were mock job interviews we could do little research of the "schools" that would be "interviewing" us. I had a hard time trying to figure out what to look over before the interview. I am usually the one to research where I would like to work and find out all about that place before going on the interview. I like to know where I am applying and this helps me with what I need to focus on for the interview. It was intimidating to have no information and to be interviewed by my peers. 
I thought that this experience was a valuable one, and one that everyone should have. I feel that I will be better prepared for when I do go on my interviews for my "real person job". I thought that the "Principles" did an outstanding job coming up with questions to make us think on our feet, and to help us see the questions that will be asked during an interview. I am not quick enough on my feet when answering questions, and I feel that this is something I need to work on. I think that the methods classes at MSMC are very good with preparing you for your future. I am thankful that Dr.Smirnova had us practice this very important skill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment