Thursday, November 5, 2015

Discoveries from lessons in fieldwork.


This image sums up the experience I had with teaching in front of an entire class. This was my first time teaching in front of an entire class so it was learning while I was doing. 

What did I discover about planning the lesson :

       I Enjoyed planning the lesson, but found it difficult at first. I wasn't sure where to start or how to start. I had to get information from the group before to figure out where to start my lesson at. I found it easier to write the lesson plan and the power point at the same time.
       I thought that the cooperative learning lesson was a challenge to figure out how to teach the idea that we had. I still get nervous when teaching.
I believe that over planning, and over practicing are the keys to a good lesson. My group had a few actives but we could have have more.

What did I discover about teaching the lesson:
   It was Different, and I was not use to the whole class. I have only ever had three or four kids in a group that I was teaching at one time, I enjoyed it but, I just wish I had more time to teach the lesson
   I discovered I do not project my voice enough.

 
Students and how they responded to us, expectations did they meet them or not? 
     It was not as difficult as i first imagined. The students were pretty well behaved and let us teach with out complaining. I thought that some ideas needed to be covered again because the students didn't grasp them, Society and Colony they still confuse the two.
     I thought that the class was smart and he feedback on the homework proved to our group that the students understood the Roanoke lesson. Some of the students had very good insights.
I had made Popsicle sticks to use to pick on different students, but I didn't need to use them.
- The students were eager to learn.  Although next time I would assign roles for inquiry and cooperative learning lessons.

About self : how did I perform in all aspects and in teaching in front of the classroom?
   -In the planning of the lesson plan I believe that I did well. I thought that I gave some great ideas and insights. I thought that most of my group was very informative about their information and tried to help each other out. I did learn that I need to project my voice. I also learned that I need to practice more on how to say the "harder" words, and possibly use a you tube video for the entire class to hear the word and everyone join in saying it.


About team teaching and what did I discover?
   There were lots of ideas, and I thought that we did a great job with working together.
   I thought that we helped each other with each section of the lesson plan and the power points
   We had met a few times, but wish  could have met more. Although it was difficult because not everyone live don campus and some of us worked and had classes late. It was hard to meet up but, we did it.
   It was all of our first time teaching in front of the class, and so we had no experience to go on, except group one. It was difficult to plan a lesson when we weren't sure how to go about it, but with some outside help I think that we did pretty well with the lesson plan its self.
   Working in google docs helped so even if someone couldn't make the meeting they could see what was going on and have some input. 
  We got to depended on each other to get the work done and helped if it got to be to much, or weren't sure how to do something. I liked that we were able to rely on each other, and I couldn't image having to do three lesson plans by myself in that short of a period.

Students learn differently, and it was hard to get all of their needs in one lesson. Direct, Inquiry and Cooperative learning are three different types of lesson plans but all aspects of students learning abilities can be implement in them. 


My question to you is how are you going to use everything you have learned about yourself and team teaching to make you a better teacher? 
Until next time.


  

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you said about over practicing and planning. After teaching it became clear that there is no such thing as being over prepared. Teaching a lesson can be completely different than how you planned and the more times you practice and go over the information the more comfortable you will be when unexpected questions or events occur! I also feel that you were right about the google docs. The assignment of group teaching would not have been nearly as effective if we were not all able to work on the documents at the same time! I also wish we had more time to practice our lessons!

    ReplyDelete