Thursday, November 19, 2015

Teacher Observations.







All week in class we have been watching other groups present their lessons, and we are asked to watch these lessons and figure out what is wrong with them, and what we liked about them. Each group has grown and has expanded their lesson plans. Each group has brought something different to the table. I liked that each group presented three lesson plans, and got to teach them all. I enjoyed watching the other groups teach their lessons. I have learned so much. The students seem to be very engaged in each lesson. I think that as the groups teach the students become better at transitions because they know what the teachers expect. Each group has done something different for their inquiry and cooperative learning lessons, and I like that we get to see different ideas for each type of lesson.


    I like that our teacher gave us specific things that each one of us need to work on to become a better teacher/presenter/educator. I like that each of my peers will be sending me feedback on my groups performance. I think that this will be super helpful. I am always looking for what I have done wrong and what I can improve on.


  I think that being observed is one of the most terrifying feelings. I don't mind that my peers will be giving me feedback, because I am looking forward to this. I just don't like being watched, and I know that this is something that I will have to get over because with Ed TPA and the new certifications I will be observed quite a bit. I like that we are being taught how to handle these situations by being observed during class.

       HERE IS A CHALLENGE FOR YOU! WHEN GIVING FEEDBACK TRY GIVING SOME POSITIVE FEEDBACK, BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR JUST THE BAD THINGS THAT THEY HAVE DONE. SHOWING SOMEONE THEIR FLAWS IS A HARD THING TO DO,SO WHY NOT COMPLEMENT SOMETHING THAT THEY DID GOOD BEFORE YOU ASK THEM TO CHANGE ANYTHING OR SWITCH ANYTHING.


Until next Time!

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed reading your post! This really encouraged me and inspired me as well.

    ReplyDelete